Friday 18 November 2011


As I found a nice large piano soundfont that has to be the best free one I've heard so far, today I decided to install Linuxsampler, there were no deb packages for my distro (Debian unstable) so I compiled it from source from http://www.linuxsampler.org/debian.html all went without an hitch after finding the correct dependencies, and I'm impressed, it does sound better than the piano from Propellerhead's Reason orchestra bank, the same site also has some good harpsichord banks which I'll get once I've cleared more hardrive space, the piano is 900 meg uncompressed, but worth it, my progress to create a music system purely in Linux is progressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samplersaurus demo 2

  #vst #synthesizer #drum another quick demo of the drum synth I'm working ...