Thursday 8 December 2011

Minaton plugin LV2 version coming some time over the next week, I hope

After a few torturous tortuous days/nights of (miss)coding I'm finally getting the hang of LV2 and external user interfaces, but the LV2 version of minaton shouldn't be too far off now with a nice shiny GTK interface (and borrowed knobs and switches from various open sources), and I've learnt the hard way that global variables within a plug in are a very very bad idea, well unless you want strange interactions between multiple instances anyway, I converted the code into a class object which should make creating a polyphonic synth easier too, I'm sure I'll have some headaches creating the GUI but the hardest part is definitely over with and now I can start to enjoy the rest of making this synth, I hope "o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samplersaurus demo 2

  #vst #synthesizer #drum another quick demo of the drum synth I'm working ...