Tuesday 12 March 2013

Making the most of insomnia

Can't sleep at the moment so may as well do some more programming, now the preset loader seems to work okay I'm making it so sounds can be saved on the fly and appear in the list straight away, should make creating new sounds quicker and more fluid.

___________________________________________

Now updated to v0.1.6 - To save a preset click "New preset" at the bottom left and type a name for it, press enter and it will be saved (to ~/.lv2/) and added to the list, if anyone has ideas on how to make the interface more intuitive let me know, will have some documentation in PDF format finished soon hopefully (have done the first few pages).

7 comments:

  1. The current release doesn't seem to work in Qtractor (only one patch sounds; when I click on others, it's always the same sound). And in Ardour, it crashes.

    Any help appreciated greatly..

    brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. odd I did test it in both Qtractor & Ardour, which distro are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  3. KXStudio. I can open it using Carla, but it doesn't allow to use the GUI, which I prefer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay thx I'll install KXStudio on a memory stick and do some tests

    ReplyDelete
  5. my hunch is Ardour isn't working on my PC, although I have no idea why. I'll try a new install and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nick,
    as I'm not much of a programmer, can you explain the basic install procedure? Does Triceratops use "make" or "waf"? I'm trying on another distro to install, using waf as in the readme file, but at the ./waf command I get a series of errors. Are there special packages required at this point?
    Thanks!
    brian

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry I've not been about much lately, did you solve the problem? it uses waf

    ReplyDelete

Samplersaurus demo 2

  #vst #synthesizer #drum another quick demo of the drum synth I'm working ...